Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Day 8 of 30 Titles in December Free From Guilt


 FREE FROM GUILT

Free From Guilt was released in September 2012, months following The Guilt Trip. I never planned to tell Cameron Jamieson's story when I first wrote Guilty of Love. In fact, I hadn't planned a series, only my debut novel, Guilty of Love and its sequel Not Guilty of Love: Parke VI and his brother Malcolm. Cameron Jamieson was away in Boston and therefore, out of sight, out of my mind. But folks wanted his story, so after I presented the bad boys of Boston, Kidd and Ace, Cameron took center stage. Also, my publisher at the time, Moody Publishers, moved the release date up by six months. Talk about freaking out, that was me. The Guilty series/Jamieson Legacy is a special brand filled with genealogy tidbits that takes time to research. Praise God for my friend and freelance editor Chandra Sparks Splond who held my hand to meet the deadline. It was one of the shortest Guilty books I had written, and I prayed that I made the Lord proud with well-placed Scripture and African American history. Once it was released, I received positive feedback from the deacon at church who met me at the door to the readers. Wow. I thought the Guilty series had come to a close with the Parke, Malcolm, and Cameron, plus their cousins Kidd and Ace. Not so, according to the readers, because their legacy continues...
http://goo.gl/tmALCG
Don't forget to download my Christmas story: A NOELLE FOR NATHAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment