Wednesday, June 14, 2017

What's Your Inspiration for Writing?

What's in Your Basket?

Every year, I donate a basket of goodies to be raffled off at the annual RT Booklovers Convention. To win, persons had to give their names and email addresses as a way for me to build my monthly newsletter list. Most of the time, it’s a themed basket tied in with the latest release. In 2016, I had toy cars to feature Driven to Be Loved

This year, since I featured Love Led by The Spirit, it made sense to create a basket filled with items pertaining to love. I wanted to offer an alternative to the world’s definition of love—mainly sex and seduction. 


For inspiration, I chose to showcase God’s ultimate love.
Before I knew it, I needed a bigger box to place all the inspirational items: journals, candy, stuff animal, candle, Bible word puzzles, and more. The finishing touch was adding a large KJV Bible.


Since RT represents more than sixteen genres, some very secular, I was surprised to see the number of entries in my over-sized bag to win my “Bible Basket.” Actually, I was shocked. One reader from the UK had put in four entries. She wasn’t the only one with multiple entries to increase their chances to win.

When I shared what happened with a fellow author, who writes Fantasy Sci-Fi, she said people are hungry.  Matthew 5:6: Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. There were a lot of hungry people at this year’s conference. Why haven’t I done this before? Every day, I learn more about my mission in Christ. Now, I plan to offer more Bible boxes at events to fill the world with Godly inspiration.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of my old covers are getting new looks...the Bad Boy Brothers from Boston, make sure you visit my website at www.patsimmons.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment