Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Final Wedding Send Off

Well, this is it, my last wedding on a Wednesday post from the St. Louis County Courthouse. What better way to close out my research than with a military salute send off to Sergeant Pronschindke and his bride Megan. 
From a window in the courthouse, I was able to capture this breath-taking view of them. Megan's gown blowing in the wind. I couldn't wait to meet them.
Judge Walsh presided over more than forty weddings on this Wednesday. When this bride and groom stood before the judge, he thanked the sergeant for his service and welcoming her as part of the military family. They posed for me before their nuptials.









The first to recite their vows was a young Asian couple. After they were pronounced husband and wife, he saluted her with a kiss and a bow. I hadn't seen that gesture before, but I like it! As they were leaving the courtroom, he gave me a peace sign before posing with his new wife.






One thing I can say by attending these public weddings is I have witnessed several couples of different ethnicities: Indian, Arabians, Nigerian, etc.
I'm accustomed to seeing little girls dress up as flower girls, but this sight was picture worthy, a little boy with a blue Mohawk to match his shirt. Now, I have seen everything.









Whether in church or at the courtroom, some wedding ceremonies don't start on time, especially when you're number thirteen in line like this beautiful bride. Instead of blushing, she was frantic, because her finance had yet to arrive. I gave her some words of encouragement, sharing that my church wedding started two hours late, but I had been married thirty-plus years. Eventually he did show up. I'm sure her husband-to-be got a tongue-lashing before they both said, "I do."


Lastly, I captured this moment of a couple on the back row. While waiting their turn, the bride assisted her fiance with his cuff links. Already, they were a team.







I can't wait to take you on my next writing journey. You'll next know where I'll show up next!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pat is the multi-published author of more than a dozen Christian titles and is a three-time recipient of the Emma Rodgers Award for Best Inspirational Romance. She has been a featured speaker and workshop presenter at various venues across the country.
As a self-proclaimed genealogy sleuth, Pat is passionate about researching her ancestors and then casting them in starring roles in her novels. She describes the evidence of the gift of the Holy Ghost as an amazing, unforgettable, life-altering experience. God is the Author who advances the stories she writes.
Pat is currently overseeing the media publicity for the annual RT Booklovers Conventions. She has a B.S. in mass communications from Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts.
Pat converted her sofa-strapped, sports fanatic husband into an amateur travel agent, untrained bodyguard, GPS-guided chauffeur, and administrative assistant who is constantly on probation. They have a son and a daughter.
Read more about Pat and her books by visiting www.patsimmons.net or on social media.
Download her latest release JET: Back Story to Love Led by the Spirit for only .99

No comments:

Post a Comment